(1) Power to appoint persons to hold or act in the offices to which this section applies and to remove persons so appointed from any such office shall vest in the Governor of the State.
(2) The offices to which this section applies are, namely
(a) Secretary to the Government of the State;
(b) Head of the Civil Service of the State;
(c) Permanent Secretary or other chief executive in any Ministry or Department of the Government of the State howsoever designated; and
(d) any office on the personal staff of the Governor.
(3) An appointment to the office of the Head of the Civil Service of a State shall not be made except from among Permanent Secretaries or equivalent rank in the civil service of any State or of the Federation.
(4) In exercising his powers of appointment under this section, the Governor shall have regard to the diversity of the people within the state and the need to promote national unity.
(5) Any appointment made pursuant to paragraphs (a) and (d) of subsection (2) of this section shall be at the pleasure of the Governor and shall cease when the Governor ceases to hold office: Provided that where a person has been appointed from a public service of the Federation or a State, he shall be entitled to return to the public service of the Federation or of the State when the Governor ceases to hold office.
Never miss important Updates. Get all the juicy news & entertainment updates delivered straight to your inbox, weekly. Enter your name & email below, & click the "sign up" button.